To support operational growth, FBUC is looking for a Superintendent to oversee Substation builds, in the various States FBUC operates. Working under the general supervision of a Construction Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the scope of work being completed is within the confines of the Clients Contracts, the work is being done to FBUC’s quality and safety standards, and that the work is done to schedule requirements.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision and planning in the successful completion of Substation projects. Oversee the method of construction, manpower, equipment and material needed and quality control
- Perform audits of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices
- Plan, direct and participate, when applicable, in day to day work activities to ensure that established goals and objectives are met
- Report on problems and the solutions to the Construction Manager
- Enforce and ensure compliance to Health & Safety and Work practices
- Ensure builds are built to plans
- Enforce equipment maintenance schedule and advise when repairs are required
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
As the successful, candidate you will have:
- A valid drivers licences. CDL Class A is a preferred and given preference
- DOL Substation Journeyman Certificate
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years experience as Journeyman Sub Tech
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a Foreman / Superintendent
- Extensive knowledge of ground up substation builds
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans. Blue prints, and wiring schematics
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Able to direct a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Complete background screening and criminal record check.
FBUC offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and rewarding career opportunities!
FBUC is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.