||Jan 7, 2020
To support operational growth Forbes Bros is looking for a Permit Coordinator in Thunder Bay, Ontario!
Reporting to Corporate Environmental, and working daily with Operations and Project Management - the successful candidate will be responsible for applying for, coordinating and tracking permit application(s) and compliance to ensure alignment with project requirements and specifications.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for identifying permit needs based on project scope and applying for applicable permits
- Coordinate and track permit application and compliance during the approval and construction phases of a project(s)
- Liaise with external regulators and communicates permit status to the project team
- Provide compliance advice and technical support to ongoing construction
- Update the document control system with all project related permits
- Interface with internal and external engineering and consultants
- Perform permitting record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; and maintenance of files, logs and submittals as they pertain to the permitting process
- Track conditions of issued project permits
- Perform other related duties as required
As the successful candidate, you have:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Willingness to work in remote project locations, embedded with operational work groups
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, coordinating resources as well as the ability to analyze data and solve problems
- Excellent analytic skills and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal regulations, codes, permits and approvals; as well as their technical application
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with FBL personnel, clientele and outside representatives of applicable regulatory agencies.
- A minimum 2 years work experience with permitting for major projects is required, experience within Powerline Construction would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (including word, excel, outlook) Adobe Acrobat and scheduling software required
- Experience / knowledge of Federal (i.e. DFO), Provincial (i.e. MNRF, MOT, etc.) and Municipal requirements for permitting processes
- Permitting experience in Ontario, specifically, would be considered an asset
This position is project field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Willing to travel to other Provinces for Projects
- Extended stays in Camp environments
Forbes Bros offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, company vehicle and a rewarding employee pension plan!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.