||Jan 14, 2020
||FB Bullet is interested in meeting energetic individuals who want to be a part of the underground utility sector. Where we are committed to growing and developing our teams, and leveraging our greatest resource to do so – our people. FB Bullet has a new expansion opportunity in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and are focused on attracting the highest caliber people. We are looking for individuals that align with our values so that we may set a new standard in this market and ensure that we are the contractor of choice long into the future.
Don’t miss your opportunity to become a part of the growing FB Bullet Family!
||The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect sites for hazards and ensure the proper controls are in place
- Ensure underground utilities have been properly located and marked
- Inspect the truck and equipment prior to being used for deficiencies and proper functionality
- Meet with site representatives and receive plan for daylights, and holes needing excavated
- Set up equipotential bonding while excavating around primary power when required
- Control of excavation
- Use of wireless remote for functions of hydrovac (e.g. boom movement, water on/off, vac on/off)
- Operate of wheeled or tracked excavation equipment
- Follow up with site representative and ensure work satisfies their requirements
- Maintain relationships with all on site contractors
- Prepare field tickets and hazard assessments
- Knowledge of the proper methods and procedures to use for the type of underground facility
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
|Requirements and Qualifications
||As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A valid Class 3 Operator’s License
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience operating one or all of the following equipment: Hydrovac equipment, backhoe, mini-excavator
- Able to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Ground disturbance level II
- Understanding of underground utilities is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper log book entry and pre-trip inspection
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans
- Honest, punctual and reliable
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract. Preference will be given to those with their 1A license
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
|Remuneration and Benefits
||FB Bullet offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit plan, rewarding pension program and a lucrative employee referral program. FB Bullet has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.