||May 8, 2019
||To support operational growth Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is currently recruiting a Hydrovac Operator in training for our team!
Working under the general supervision of the Crew Lead hand, the Hydrovac Operator is responsible for excavating using high pressure water and vacuum in place of hand digging.
||The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Inspect sites for hazards and ensure the proper controls are in place
- Ensure underground utilities have been properly located and marked
- Inspect the truck and equipment prior to being used for deficiencies and proper functionality
- Meet with site representatives and receive plan for daylights, and holes needing excavated
- Set up equipotential bonding while excavating around primary power
- Control of excavation by manoeuvering wand and vacuum hose
- Replace nozzles and water hoses when needed
- Use of wireless remote for functions of hydrovac (e.g. boom movement, water on/off, vac on/off)
- Follow up with site representative and ensure work satisfies their requirements
- Maintain relationships with all on site contractors
- Prepare field tickets and hazard assessments
- Knowledge of the proper methods and procedures to use for the type of underground facility
- Empty hydrovac in an appropriate and approved area
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
|Requirements and Qualifications
- A valid Class 3 Operator’s License
- Minimum of 0-2 years’ experience operating Hydrovac equipment, preference will be given to those with experience operating a Tornado Hyrdovac unit
- Able to lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Ground disturbance level II
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Understanding of underground utilities is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper log book entry and pre-trip inspection
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans
- Honest, punctual and reliable
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
|Remuneration and Benefits
||Forbes Bros Ltd. offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and a rewarding employee pension plan!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.