Heavy Duty Mechanic
||May 8, 2019
||To support operational growth, Forbes Bros is looking for a Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Mechanic maintains, repairs and overhauls heavy vehicles and industrial equipment at our Yorkton shop and site locations to support various projects across Canada.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic)
- Work from service manuals and schematic drawings
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair or replacement
- Use various hand and power hand tools
- Operates equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of shop, maintenance of shop tools and equipment, loading/unloading and storage of equipment, including service truck
- Working on heavy duty equipment such as Excavators and Backhoes
- Responsible to complete all permits, paperwork, and logbooks associated with service trucks
- Assists other Heavy Duty Mechanics as needed
|Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Service orientated with strong communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification, or Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician
- Class 3 with air endorsement is considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- 3-5 years field experience
- This position is field and shop based – requiring candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
|Remuneration and Benefits
||Forbes Bros offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and a rewarding employee pension plan!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.