Estimator – Salt Lake City, UT
||Jul 3, 2020
To support operational growth, FB Titan is looking for an Estimator to work with our Operations teams within FB Titan. Based out of Salt Lake, Utah, the incumbent will work with Operations to estimate new work in the North West.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and oversee all aspects of the estimate/ bid documentation
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
- Prepare detailed estimates for all facets of the planned scope
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimate figures including current information on supplier pricing
- Obtain Sub Contractor pricing as required
- Obtain material & equipment rental pricing as required
- Reference historical costs and production to current cost estimates for continuous improvement
- Performs site visits, attends pre-bid meetings, and generally interacts with internal and external customers or representatives.
- Documents changes made to documents or scope of work
- Perform all levels and types of estimating, planning, and scheduling for project activities.
- Manage vendor relationships, including RFQs and evaluation of vendor pricing.
As the successful, candidate you will have:
- Electrical Engineering or related Construction University Degree or suitable relevant education and direct estimating experience
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience and proven track record of estimating construction projects and competent understanding of the powerline industry (transmission, distribution, substation, underground), telecommunications industry, drilling services, utilities and infrastructure construction
- Journeyman Lineman Certificate considered an asset
- Understanding of sub-scopes and what each sub-trade should include in its bid
- Mathematical proficiency and analytical skills necessary to produce labor, equipment, and material estimates
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task with many projects running simultaneously
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present and sell a cost plan to clients
- Have an understanding of the various competitive tender processes, direct award, public or private openings, and pricing scenarios
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, client technical specifications, plan and profiles, blueprints and as-built
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and estimating software (Hard Dollar)
- Working level capabilities using Primavera, MS Project, Viewpoint and Adobe applications
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
FB Titan offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and rewarding career opportunities!
FB Titan is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
|Requirements and Qualifications
|Remuneration and Benefits