To support operational growth, Forbes Bros is currently recruiting an experienced Construction Supervisor for our Manitoba projects.
Working under the supervision of the Construction Manager/Project Managers, the Construction Supervisor will coordinate and schedule the activities of the employees in charge of trenching work of duct conduits by directional drilling.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision and planning in the successful completion of assigned projects. Determine the method of construction, manpower required, equipment and material needed to maintain quality and manage project costs
- Plan, lead, set up and participate in day to day work activities to ensure that established goals and objectives are met
- Operate and supervise open trenching and backhoe services
- Install communication and power cables within new and existing underground ducts and conduits. Utilizing rodder and locators as required
- Place and install concrete and composite vaults and manholes
- Cut and remove concrete or Asphalt sidewalks, driveways and roadways
- Manage and liaison with third party stakeholders ( locates, utilities, landlords) as required
- On site documentation tasks include:
- Photos pre and post construction
- Customer change requests
- Daily logs and time sheets
- Asbuilt and drawing updates
As the successful, candidate you will have:
- Minimum 8-10 years of underground utility experience (power and or Telecom)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience leading and managing construction crews
- Must have a valid class 1 or 3 Driver’s licences
- Working knowledge of HDD, trenching and civil engineering
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to supervise, lead, teach and mentor employees
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to complete construction projects within scheduled deadlines with a high level of accuracy
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Ground Disturbance Supervisor Level II, Confined Spaces, First Aid & CSTS required
- Experience operating the following equipment: Backhoe, skid steer, HDD, Ditch Witch
Forbes Bros Ltd. offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, and a rewarding employee pension plan!
Forbes Bros Ltd. (FBL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.