||Jan 14, 2020
||Welcome to the NEW STANDARD in Employers. With over 40 year’s of dedicated experience, Forbes Bros is a company you can rely on for any project within the utility sector. Our alignment with like-minded companies provides us the expertise, equipment, and resources to deliver safe, reliable, and efficient solutions to our clients every time.
FB Bullet, A Forbes Bros Company is interested in meeting energetic individuals who want to be a part of the underground utility section of the Forbes Bros family. Where we are committed to growing and developing our teams, and leveraging our greatest resource to do so – our people. FB Bullet has a new expansion opportunity in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, and are focused on attracting the highest caliber people. We are looking for individuals that align with our values so that we may set a new standard in this market and ensure that we are the contractor of choice long into the future.
Don’t miss your opportunity to become a part of the growing Forbes Family!
||The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Estimating and quoting all civil work but not limited to just civil
- Creating in house civil estimating program
- Provide support to project team members or project delivery managers to effectively administer project delivery, responsibilities include project subtask coordination, document and control, financial services, and communication
- tender, negotiate, and prepare trade contracts and purchase agreements not provided by pre-construction services delegated by the project manager
- reviewing unit work to assure all costs are captured and creating change orders
- Assist with expediting change notice completion, approval and execution
- At completion, review the project for general compliance with contract documents including arranging for any required final inspections by the Project Manager
- Manage cost tracking for the respective project managers. Cost tracking shall include: Gathering and recording internal and external project and department costs, Invoicing, change order etc.
- Utilization of construction cost management platform (Viewpoint) to manage all project costs on a daily basis.
- Development of reporting tools and dashboards for internal and customer reporting and presentation
- Assist in the area of project cost control and tracking cost information
- Identify resources required for project
- Understand the project scope of work and all specifications
- Coordinate on-site activities and sub-contractors
- Accurately report daily construction activities
- Attend weekly client progress meetings
- Complete monthly billing/. Invoicing
- Build collaborative and strong client relationships
- Follow company safety values and abide by the implemented guidelines
|Requirements and Qualifications
||As the successful candidate, you will have:
- 2 to 4 years of estimating experience with expertise in Civil and Underground Services
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Must have general knowledge of the principals involved in the operation of construction and maintenance methods and procedures
- Able to work well with others as well as independently
- Able to follow instruction and adhere to safe work practices
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Travel and work overtime as required
|Remuneration and Benefits
||FB Bullet offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit plan, rewarding pension program and a lucrative employee referral program. FB Bullet has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.